Résumé | Mike Bainbridge
I am currently the Marketing Operations Specialist for AHA Factory GmbH and I provide businesses with repeatable and measurable marketing and design techniques that drive sales by focusing on your prospect’s buying habits.
For more than nine years, I made my way to Germany from my home in the USA. Since living here, I have worked alongside and supported several international companies and national organisations with their marketing and communications efforts; including the likes of DSM, Roche, Deutsche Bank, Re/Max, Daimler, Vitra, Breaks Group, Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands (SPD), the Deutsche Sparkassen- und Giroverband (DSGV), and more.
In addition to my work in off- and online marketing strategy and implementation, I have also had the pleasure to build and lead a team of talented marketers and creatives and serve as interim operational lead at my agency.
In 2011, I helped start AHA!Videos GmbH located in Weil am Rhein, Germany. AHA!Videos is an animated explainer video company where I was the Creative Director for 5 years. As a Creative Director, I set creative and production standards, decoded complex topics into lay communication, and led a multi-skilled creative team in successfully completing projects on time and within budget. Since August of 2015, our small animation studio has developed into a full service online and inbound marketing agency, now known as AHA Factory GmbH – a process of which I am integral in conception, implementation and growth. This evolution was essential in order to help our clients position their video and other content in an ever changing digital landscape. In my role as Marketing Operations Specialist at AHA Factory, my main goal is to established measurable systems for maximum lead generation growth and awareness for our clients. I achieve this by conceptualising marketing plans and strategies with my team, overseeing all marketing and design implementation, defining internal and external operational processes, and consistently reviewing reporting analytics to course correct when needed.
Having worked in a variety of industries has allowed me to quickly broaden my skills over the last several years. I am always looking for great opportunities to focus and invest my learned and natural skills and talents with a single company; to be a part of their success on a deeper level. Please feel free to contact me below.
How I got here may not be traditional, but my resume sums it up nicely.
You can see my accomplishments listed below, or download a copy to print.
Here are some of my career highlights. But as with all people, there is always more to tell and learn.
MARKETING OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
AHA Factory GmbH; Weil am Rhein, Germany – Aug 2015-Present
- Lead international team of 11 to build proven online marketing strategies and systems which measure business relevant KPIs and maximise ROI
- Manage marketing projects and budgets
- Responsible for attaining HubSpot Agency Partner status
- Plan, implement and optimise all aspects of online marketing campaigns, both alone and within a team; including landing page design and programming, copy optimisation, keyword research analysis, reporting & analytics, content audits, and more.
- Coordinate internal and external teams to reach project goals on time and within budget
- Consult companies on how to best attract visitors, convert leads and nurture leads through their buyer’s journey to close more deals (aka. the Inbound Marketing Methodology)
- Help clients set specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound goals
- Create strategic marketing proposals and implement marketing action plans
- Gather and measure online reports and analytics to confirm, refine or course correct online marketing strategies
- Implement social media strategies that tie into larger marketing campaigns and goals
- Develop and refine company wide processes and daily operations
- Developed strategies to increase AHA Factory’s online/website lead generation, resulting in an 80% increase within 3 month period
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies, i.e. increased web visits by 59% and leads by over 5000% within one month for a pasture fencing repair client
AHA!Videos GmbH; Weil am Rhein, Germany – Jan 2015-Aug 2015
- Create business plan and strategies to successfully introduce AHA Factory GmbH to market
- Advance plan to create short and long term financial security
- Implement strategies to switch from project-based to retainer-based revenue
- Work with owner to improve company organisation and sales strategies, leading to a revenue increase off nearly 50% within one month
- Identified and cut monthly spending by 4%
- Developed and introduce controlling measures company-wide
- Work with department heads to set goals and create plans to achieve them
- Develop terms and conditions for new products
AHA!Videos GmbH; Weil am Rhein, Germany – 2011-Aug 2015
- Identified gap in marketing arena in Euro-German market and developed product to fill it
- Write scripts and marketing texts that explain complex products and/or services in an understandable way. Scripts topic include: global pricing and market access for Roche, market access plan for a new cancer immunotherapy drug for Roche, production and warehouse safety measures for DSM, SEPA mandate for Deutsche Bank, central accounting and net settlement services for the global (re)insurance market for Deutsche Bank.
- Build and execute concepts (style, look, feel) for videos that meet the needs of the market
- Develop storyboard processes for easy interaction between creative and business minds
- Coordinate production team in completing animations on time and under budget
- Aid clients in identifying core elements of their product or service which brings the greatest value to their target market
- Build healthy, collaborative work environment that increases results and promotes creativity
- Develop one and two week internship strategy to give young student opportunities to explore and learn work life in a creative firm
- Adhere to strict corporate guidelines of companies including Deutsche Bank, Roche, Bilfinger, Re/Max, and many more
- Improve terms and conditions for existing products and services
CONSULTING MULTI-MEDIA DESIGNER
HDC Associates; Canterbury, England – 2010-2011
- Logo development and design for the CSER initiative for Brakes Group, the leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France, and Sweden.
- Implement design and content changes for pragmatic internal communications at Brakes Group
- Brand development and design for Passive Fire Direct (fire retardants)
- Conceptualise, design and program online shops for clients
- Catalog design and layout of the extensive product selections
Apple, Inc.; Cincinnati, Ohio – 2008-2010
- Aid customers with finding the complete solution for their computing needs
- Build and maintain good customer relations
GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR STUDENT RELATIONS
Cincinnati Christian University; Cincinnati, Ohio – 2007-2008
- Development and branding for yearly campus-wide events
- Lead and support team in design concepts
Everyone’s life is a journey. Some people walk a straight path towards their goal, while others, like myself, enjoy the scenic route and collect a wide variety of skills.
CINCINNATI STATE TECHNICAL COLLEGE; Cincinnati, OH
- Associates of Applied Science in Graphic Design, 2010
- Summa cum Laude
CINCINNATI CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY; Cincinnati, OH
- Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies, 2009
CASTLE HIGH SCHOOL; Newburgh, IN
- Academic Honours, 2006
We all sometimes talk a big game, but here are some skills with which I truly pride myself.
- Public Speaking
(1st runner up in university speaking contest)
- Inbound Marketing Certified
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Google Analytics
- Content Management Systems
- Proficient in Windows and Mac OS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Apple iWork
- Client consulting and customer service
- Open for new ideas/opportunities
- Readiness to learn
- Adapts quickly to change
- Problem solver
- Self-motivated & self-improving
- Able to analyse, understand, and
communicate complex topics
- Structured planning and implementation
- Confident in own opinions & decisions
- Accepts and takes responsibility
- Directly addresses concerns
- Responds appropriately to criticism
- Active cognition and listener
- Creates Win, Win situations
- English (mother tongue)
- German (B2 Certified – proficient in speech and writing)
Click on the images to view more details
I’m always looking forward to my next adventure.
Feel free to start a conversation with me.